|Autodesk Unveils 2011 Software Portfolio for Building Design, Infrastructure and Construction Industries|
|Updates for Key Product Lines Promote Building Information Modeling and Multidisciplinary Collaboration for New and Renovation ProjectsSAN RAFAEL, Calif., Mar 25, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Autodesk, Inc. (NASDAQ:ADSK), a world leader in 2D and 3D design, engineering and entertainment software, announced new versions of its software for the building, infrastructure and construction industries. The updated portfolio is designed to help increase industry adoption of the Building Information Modeling (BIM) process, facilitate multidisciplinary collaboration and address new and renovation projects.
"The building design, construction and infrastructure industries must improve productivity, while at the same time completing complex projects on time and at, or under budget," said Jay Bhatt, senior vice president of AEC Industry Solutions. "Our new 2011 software helps support that goal by capitalizing on the enormous benefits of Building Information Modeling, and facilitating multidisciplinary collaboration from start to finish for everything from new construction and renovations on residential and business projects to large-scale infrastructure and government projects."
2011 Portfolio for Building Design and Construction
Autodesk's 2011 software for new construction and existing building projects supports the Building Information Modeling process to help architects, designers and engineers more easily create and profit from digital design data and better communication across extended project teams. Updated software includes:
- Autodesk Revit Architecture 2011 software -- Autodesk Revit Architecture helps architects and designers work naturally, design freely, and deliver projects efficiently. Purpose-built for building information modeling (BIM), Revit Architecture helps explore design concepts and forms, and better maintain design data through documentation and construction. With parametric change technology, any change made is automatically updated throughout your model, keeping design and documentation coordinated and more reliable. Key new features include:
- Large team workflow
- Enhanced visualization
- Autodesk Revit Structure 2011 software -- Autodesk Revit Structure is the purpose-built building information modeling (BIM) solution for structural engineering firms, providing tools for structural design and analysis. Revit Structure integrates a multimaterial physical model and an independently editable analytical model for more efficient structural analysis while providing bidirectional links to popular structural analysis software. Key new features include:
- Framing enhancements (slanted columns, beam systems, trusses and connection symbols)
- Reinforcement and concrete cleanup enhancements
- Analytical model enhancements
- Autodesk Revit MEP 2011 software -- Autodesk Revit MEP building information modeling (BIM) software helps mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) engineers, designers, and drafters gain the competitive advantage of BIM by analyzing and optimizing building systems designs before they are built. Autodesk Revit MEP helps design teams accelerate better design with tools that promote productivity and support sustainable design and analysis. Key new features include:
- Cable tray and conduit modeling
- Panel schedules and demand factors
- MEP fixture management
To help facilitate the BIM process, while at the same time protecting investment in legacy software, training and design data investments, the 2011 portfolio includes:
Enhancements for AutoCAD Architecture 2011 and AutoCAD MEP 2011 include:
- AutoCAD Architecture 2011 -- efficient drafting and documentation with an intuitive environment and purpose-built tools for architects. Key new features include:
- New geometric and dimensional constraints
- New renovation tools to help accelerate design and production
- Improved wall cleanups with new intelligent Cleanup command
- AutoCAD MEP 2011 -- version of AutoCADsoftware for mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) designers and drafters that provides greater drafting productivity. Key new features include:
- MvPart view blocks (create and store AutoCAD block names, edit display)
- Parallel conduit routing
- Sloped piping
To facilitate multi-discipline collaboration the 2011 building and construction software portfolio includes:
- Autodesk Navisworks 2011 -- software (including Autodesk Navisworks Manage 2011, Autodesk Navisworks Simulate 2011 and Autodesk Navisworks Freedom 2011 software) enables design and construction professionals to unite project contributions into a synchronized model for whole-project review, simulation and analysis. Key enhancements for the Navisworks 2011 family of software include:
- Restructured and simplified User Interface (applies to Navisworks Manage, Simulate and Freedom)
- Enhanced sectioning Tools (applies to Navisworks Manage and Simulate)
- New Primavera link and Gantt view (applies to Navisworks Manage and Simulate)
- Autodesk Buzzsaw 2011 -- Autodesk Buzzsaw is a leading software as a service (SaaS) delivered document, data, and design management solution for centralizing and more securely exchanging project information for distributed teams (across stakeholders, geographies and companies). Fully integrated into the portfolio of Autodesk design solutions, Autodesk Buzzsaw 2011 now includes the Buzzsaw Sync feature.With Buzzsaw Sync users can:
- Automatically synchronize files from the desktop to the Buzzsaw cloud without interrupting users' workflow
- Easily centralize multi-discipline models for importing into Autodesk Navisworks
- Leverage Buzzsaw permissions to more securely synchronize, share and access information
To facilitate design visualization and creative storytelling the 2011 portfolio includes:
- Autodesk 3ds Max Design 2011 -- Autodesk 3ds Max Design 2011 software offers compelling new techniques for bringing designs to life by aggregating data, iterating ideas, and presenting the results. Key new features include:
- Quicksilver, an innovative new hardware renderer
- FBX File Link with Revit Architecture
- Viewport display of 3ds Max Design materials
2011 Portfolio for Infrastructure
Autodesk's 2011 software for road, highway and utilities projects includes:
- AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011 -- AutoCAD Civil 3D software, the building information modeling (BIM) solution for civil engineering, helps teams deliver higher-quality transportation, land development, and environmental projects faster. Its model-based approach helps keep project information coordinated while delivering higher-quality documentation and visualizations. AutoCAD Civil 3D helps users gain the competitive advantage of BIM to deliver more innovative project solutions. Key new features include:
- Scalability and performance improvements, as well as an optimized 64-bit version of Civil 3D
- Tools to better manage the creation and editing of corridors
- Enhanced superelevation functionality that provides a dynamic link to the alignment and flexible editing options
- AutoCAD Map 3D 2011 -- AutoCAD Map 3D software can provide direct access to data needed for infrastructure planning, design, and management activities. AutoCAD Map 3D helps professionals working on transportation, land development, water, and power projects to more easily create, manage, and analyze design, GIS, and asset data so they can achieve better designs, enhanced productivity, and better data quality.Key new features include:
- New point cloud tools
- New and enhanced data support
- Enhanced workflow capabilities
Product availability will vary by country. Details and purchasing options are available at http://www.autodesk.com/purchaseoptions.
BIM is an integrated process for exploring a project's key physical and functional characteristics digitally before it's built, helping to deliver projects faster and more economically, while minimizing environmental impact. Coordinated, consistent information is used throughout the process to design innovative projects; better visualize and simulate real-world appearance, performance and cost; and create more accurate documentation.
Autodesk, Inc., is a world leader in 2D and 3D design, engineering and entertainment software for the manufacturing, building and construction, and media and entertainment markets. Since its introduction of AutoCAD software in 1982, Autodesk continues to develop the broadest portfolio of state-of-the-art software to help customers experience their ideas digitally before they are built. Fortune 100 companies -- as well as the last 15 Academy Award winners for Best Visual Effects -- use Autodesk software tools to design, visualize and simulate their ideas to save time and money, enhance quality and foster innovation for competitive advantage. For additional information about Autodesk, visit http://www.autodesk.com/pr-autodesk.
Autodesk, AutoCAD, Buzzsaw, Civil 3D, Navisworks, Revit and 3ds Max are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries. Academy Award is a registered trademark of the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences. All other brand names, product names or trademarks belong to their respective holders. Autodesk reserves the right to alter product and services offerings, and specifications and pricing at any time without notice, and is not responsible for typographical or graphical errors that may appear in this document.
© 2010 Autodesk, Inc. All rights reserved.
SOURCE: Autodesk, Inc.
Paul Sullivan, 603-289-8987