New Tools Enable Infrastructure Professionals to Better Manage, View and Share Critical Information
SAN RAFAEL, Calif., Jun 21, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) --Autodesk, Inc. (NASDAQ:ADSK), a world leader in 2D and 3D design, engineering and entertainment software, today announced the availability of Autodesk Topobase 2011 products and Autodesk MapGuide Enterprise 2011 software, new tools that help customers manage infrastructure assets more effectively and plan for the future. With these products, infrastructure professionals can get a broader understanding of the location and status of their assets and more easily share information over the web.
"Our 2011 infrastructure portfolio helps transportation, water, energy, and land development professionals use information to better plan, design, build, and manage infrastructure," said Paul McRoberts, senior director, Infrastructure Modeling Product Line Group, AEC solutions division for Autodesk. "Our focus with this release is on making the information more valuable to the user, reinforcing our commitment to deliver the proven benefits of a building information modeling (BIM) process to infrastructure professionals."
The release of Autodesk Topobase 2011 products (Autodesk Topobase Client 2011 and Autodesk Topobase Web 2011) and Autodesk MapGuide Enterprise 2011 for infrastructure management complements the recently released AutoCAD Map 3D 2011 software for planning, AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011 software for design, and Autodesk Navisworks 2011 products for construction to provide a more comprehensive solution for the infrastructure lifecycle.
New and Enhanced Features for Management Phase of Infrastructure Lifecycle
Autodesk Topobase 2011 products integrate infrastructure design and management data, providing more accurate information about the location and status of assets throughout an organization. In addition to giving users a more holistic understanding of their assets, Topobase software helps provide precise and up-to-date as-built information to engineering, GIS, and field operations teams to help improve efficiency. Topobase software is an open and more flexible solution that can be configured to support specific processes and integrated with many different design, GIS, asset management, and business systems. Standard industry-specific workflows help build intelligence into infrastructure management processes for quicker returns on investment.
New and enhanced features of Autodesk Topobase 2011 products include:
- One Click Database Maintenance - Simplifies the cleanup and maintenance of the database.
- New Intelligent Feature Search - Enables users to more quickly locate assets or an area of interest, helping to save time and effort.
- Enhanced Display Model Editor - Helps save time by facilitating the process of creating and managing display models for multiple symbolization requirements.
- Structure Editor for Data Models - Enables administrators and third-party developers to design and implement custom additions to existing data models as well as new data models and share the generated XML-based code files between installations, customers, and implementations.
- Enhanced Topobase Plotting (Database Driven) - More simplified plotting process on the desktop and the web, including a Quick Plot tool for Topobase Web, enabling the user to generate up-to-date plots of the infrastructure on demand.
- Snapping and Feature Geometry Editing for the Web - Extend desktop editing to the web by enabling Topobase Web users to perform feature edits and snapping effects.
Autodesk MapGuide Enterprise 2011 is a powerful mapping solution for delivering CAD and GIS information more quickly, easily, and cost-effectively via a web browser. Now, without the need to write any code, infrastructure teams can use the familiar mapping information found in Google, Yahoo, and Bing maps in context with their own data. In doing so, organizations can improve decision-making and operational efficiency by enabling customers, stakeholders, and the mobile field to better access infrastructure information online using a web browser.
Additional Autodesk MapGuide Enterprise 2011 enhancements and benefits include:
- 64 bit Support - Improves performance, stability and scalability of web-based mapping applications.
- New and Enhanced Flexible Layout Widgets - Enables end users to further explore the infrastructure information published online using out of the box widgets including query, theme, and redline.
- Support for Consumer Mapping Services - Enables end users to easily incorporate consumer maps - as reference base maps - such as Google Maps, Yahoo! Maps and Bing Maps.
- AJAX Viewer Enhancements - Usability enhancements including the ability to set the selectability of layers using the legend.
Product availability will vary by country. Details and purchasing options are available at http://www.autodesk.com/purchaseoptions.
Autodesk, Inc. is a world leader in 2D and 3D design, engineering and entertainment software for the manufacturing, building and construction, and media and entertainment markets. Since its introduction of AutoCAD software in 1982, Autodesk continues to develop the broadest portfolio of state-of-the-art software to help customers experience their ideas digitally before they are built. Fortune 100 companies as well as the last 15 Academy Award winners for Best Visual Effects use Autodesk software tools to design, visualize and simulate their ideas to save time and money, enhance quality and foster innovation for competitive advantage. For additional information about Autodesk, visit http://www.autodesk.com/pr-autodesk.
Autodesk, AutoCAD, Autodesk MapGuide, Civil 3D, Navisworks and Topobase are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries. Academy Award is a registered trademark of the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences. All other brand names, product names or trademarks belong to their respective holders. Autodesk reserves the right to alter product and services offerings, and specifications and pricing at any time without notice, and is not responsible for typographical or graphical errors that may appear in this document.
© 2010 Autodesk, Inc. All rights reserved.
SOURCE: Autodesk, Inc.
Brett Smith, 415-547-2405