Autodesk Expands Preconstruction Offering with Global Launch of Autodesk Takeoff
"Between our BIM coordinators, estimators and self-perform teams, we often work in parallel paths on different iterations of project design data using a variety of tools for coordination, takeoff and budgeting, and to track our productivity and work-in-place. This approach can lead to duplicate work, mistakes and wasted time," said
Now available worldwide, Autodesk Takeoff allows estimating teams to:
- Better visualize project scope with aggregated 2D and 3D takeoff – Takeoff types can be used across both 2D and 3D quantification workflows, allowing teams to leverage aggregated quantities from plans and models in an organized, customizable view. Teams can visualize project scope from detailed 3D takeoffs to identify gaps in producing accurate costs and estimates.
- See updates in real-time with cloud-based document management – Estimating teams can access the most up-to-date construction documents, drawings and models within Autodesk Docs, the centralized document management solution that underpins both Autodesk Build and Autodesk BIM Collaborate. Working from one centralized platform gives teams access to updates in real time for improved collaboration across projects. With data stored in one location, teams can feel confident they are not duplicating efforts and doing takeoffs more than once.
- Provide multi-user access to projects – Multiple estimators can simultaneously access the same project files to review and perform 2D and 3D takeoff, creating a synchronous workflow experience. Estimating teams are notified when a document set is updated to ensure they are always working from the latest information.
"The takeoff process has historically been disjointed, cumbersome and time consuming, which creates a lack of transparency, missed deadlines and an increase in errors," said
Reduce constructability issues before breaking ground with Autodesk BIM Collaborate
Autodesk also recently announced the release of Autodesk BIM Collaborate, which empowers VDC teams to align and execute on design intent. Teams can now manage the entire design collaboration and coordination process – including model review and markups, clash detection, issue management and design change analysis – within a single, cloud-based common data environment.
"Information silos between general contractors and trade partners have historically been a challenge in construction, especially during preconstruction workflows," said
"Bringing the entire design coordination process under one roof helps teams secure design intent, reduce rework in the field and improve multi-discipline collaboration," said
As part of Autodesk Construction Cloud, a subscription to Autodesk Takeoff and Autodesk BIM Collaborate includes and is reinforced by:
- Autodesk Docs – A centralized document management solution that underpins the Autodesk Build, Autodesk Takeoff and Autodesk BIM Collaborate common data environment, providing users with seamless navigation and integrated workflows to create a single source of truth across the project lifecycle.
- Insights – Analytics capabilities that support the ability to collect, interpret and export project data; encompasses Construction IQ artificial intelligence to identify and mitigate risk.
- Administration – Project setup tools including centralized user management and permissioning capabilities, templates and single-sign-on.
- Visit our blog –
Andrea Neiman, senior manager, preconstruction product marketing for Autodesk Construction Solutions, dives into how connecting preconstruction workflows helps teams decrease costs, reduce rework and improve the quality of construction models.
- Digital Builder Podcast – Autodesk Construction Solutions Senior Vice President and General Manager
Jim Lynchdiscusses connected construction and how teams can drive productivity and predictability on projects.
- To learn more about:
- Autodesk Takeoff: Click here or contact your Autodesk representative to receive a free demo, and click here for pricing and packaging information.
- Autodesk BIM Collaborate: Click here to receive a free demo, and click here or contact your Autodesk representative for pricing and packaging information.
Autodesk will host webinar overviews of both Autodesk Takeoff and Autodesk BIM Collaborate on the following dates:
- Autodesk Takeoff:
North America: March 25, 2021at 11am PDT/ 2pm EDT(Register here)
April 7, 2021at 12pm GMT/ 1pm CEST/ 3pmGST (Register here)
March 30, 2021at 11amSGT / 2pmAEDT (Register here)
- Autodesk BIM Collaborate:
Editor's note: Autodesk Takeoff was previously announced as Autodesk Quantify.
Autodesk makes software for people who make things. If you've ever driven a high-performance car, admired a towering skyscraper, used a smartphone, or watched a great film, chances are you've experienced what millions of Autodesk customers are doing with our software. Autodesk gives you the power to make anything. For more information visit autodesk.com or follow @autodesk.
Safe Harbor Statement:
We may make statements regarding planned or future development efforts for our existing or new products and services. These statements are not intended to be a promise or guarantee of future delivery of products, services or features but merely reflect our current plans, which may change. Purchasing decisions should not be made based upon reliance on these statements. The Company assumes no obligation to update these forward-looking statements to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist or change after the date on which they were made.
Autodesk, the Autodesk logo, Autodesk Construction Cloud, Autodesk BIM Collaborate, Autodesk Build and Autodesk Takeoff, registered trademarks or trademarks of
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/autodesk-expands-preconstruction-offering-with-global-launch-of-autodesk-takeoff-301242949.html
Paul Chalker, Autodesk, Paul.Chalker@autodesk.com