MultiGreen Turns to Autodesk Construction Cloud to Launch Workforce Plus Initiative and Build 40,000 Economically and Environmentally Sustainable Housing Units in 10 years
Workforce Plus is MultiGreen's new plan to build 40,000 economically and environmentally sustainable tech-enabled housing units by 2030 across ten states in the
As the Workforce Plus initiative kicks off, MultiGreen will use Autodesk Construction Cloud to digitize and connect their processes throughout the project lifecycle. BuildingConnected will provide the MultiGreen team with increased transparency for trade partners working on the project, ensure compliance is integrated into the bidding process and mitigate risk by flagging potential specialty contractor issues during bidding.
"When you're embarking on a mission of this magnitude, it's important to make proactive investments – especially with technology," said
Sustainability at the core of every phase of Workforce Plus
MultiGreen works to promote a sustainable lifestyle for tenants in their buildings, such as fostering a culture of waste reduction and recycling in each community – and this sustainable mentality begins before ground is even broken. The company will deploy green building principles across the entire lifecycle of the Workforce Plus project, including:
- Sustainable siting and material selection – optimizing land use and development to reduce adverse impacts and minimize ecological footprint, reusing materials and using recycled and green construction materials to reduce material extraction, processing, transportation, solid waste and consumption.
- Energy generation and efficiency – establishing and monitoring performance targets that account for intended use, occupancy and other energy operations and incorporating renewable energy generators such as solar shading and rooftop solar panels.
- Maximizing water efficiency – reducing wastewater through optimized landscaping, integrated rainwater catchments, gray water recycling and wastewater treatment systems.
- Designing with healthy living in mind – standardizing health-conscious details like enhanced ventilation and thermal comfort, moisture control and daylighting. Each multi-unit building will also factor in proximity to schools, grocery stores, shopping malls, parks and other public spaces, entertainment and recreational areas, and fitness and health facilities.
- Economically sustainable operations through environmental construction techniques – maximizing energy efficiency techniques to produce lower carbon emissions. For instance, MultiGreen will use high quality thermal performance materials for better insulation at a fraction of the cost of current solutions. Innovations like this make MultiGreen's properties more affordable to operate, both at the property level and for individual tenants, while reducing the overall impact on the environment.
"Our goal is to build environmentally sound, tech-forward housing for families who have struggled to enter the homeowner market. Our research shows these people consist of firefighters, nurses, teachers and others who have been essential both prior to and throughout the global health pandemic," said
"Autodesk is on a mission to empower teams to build the new possible – and a big part of the new possible is ensuring sustainability is integrated into the built environment from the outset," said
Autodesk makes software for people who make things. If you've ever driven a high-performance car, admired a towering skyscraper, used a smartphone, or watched a great film, chances are you've experienced what millions of Autodesk customers are doing with our software. Autodesk gives you the power to make anything. For more information visit autodesk.com or follow @autodesk.
Safe Harbor Statement:
We may make statements regarding planned or future development efforts for our existing or new products and services. These statements are not intended to be a promise or guarantee of future delivery of products, services or features but merely reflect our current plans, which may change. Purchasing decisions should not be made based upon reliance on these statements. The Company assumes no obligation to update these forward-looking statements to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist or change after the date on which they were made.
Autodesk, the Autodesk logo, Autodesk Build, Autodesk Construction Cloud, Autodesk Inventor, Autodesk Takeoff, Autodesk Tandem, BIM 360, BuildingConnected, and Revit are registered trademarks or trademarks of
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/multigreen-turns-to-autodesk-construction-cloud-to-launch-workforce-plus-initiative-and-build-40-000-economically-and-environmentally-sustainable-housing-units-in-10-years-301269479.html
Paul Chalker, Autodesk, Paul.Chalker@autodesk.com