Specialty Contractors Turn to Autodesk Construction Cloud in Record Numbers to Streamline Workflows, Ensure Quality and Win More Work
- Helm Mechanical, formerly known as
Mechanical, Inc., recently renewed their enterprise contract and standardized on BIM 360 to move away from paper-based processes and keep teams better connected. Veit & Company, one of the Midwest's leading specialty contractors focused on earthwork, utilities, demolition, foundations and dredging and diving, has renewed a multi-year contract and standardized on PlanGridto double down on collaboration and transparency.
- MAREK, a
Houston-based specialty contractor with more than 1,500 employees and seven regional offices throughout the southern United States, has standardized on PlanGridto improve jobsite communication and the transfer of real-time data between the office and the field.
These three subcontractors join
"Specialty contractors have shown incredible resiliency in the last year, tackling difficult economic and safety challenges as well as a skyrocketing level of complexity in project work," said
Helm Mechanical digitizes document management and keeps crews connected
"We knew we needed to move to a platform that allowed for better flow of information to our job sites," said
"We pride ourselves on being able to take on projects that no one else can – the more abstract, the better," said
MAREK bridges the gap between the field and office through real-time data and collaboration
MAREK, known for their work across a range of services such as metal framing, ceiling work and drywall, uses
"Using the most advanced technology puts us at a massive advantage across all our projects," said
Binsky uses BIM 360 to stay in lockstep with trade counterparts
"We typically work with many different specialty contractors on a project and we often prefabricate skids to work concurrently with them," said
Autodesk Construction Cloud streamlines workflows to empower specialty contractors to deliver complex work, faster
Autodesk Construction Cloud allows specialty contractors to work more efficiently across a variety of project management workflows in the design, planning, building and operating phases of a project – leading to accelerated benefits from standardizing workflows, keeping crews connected and capturing the extent of completed work.
- Model Conditioning: Autodesk Construction Cloud provides tools to deepen and enrich the information available within models, import custom assembly codes, apply unit costs to model elements and more.
- Cloud-based Quantification: Estimators and preconstruction teams can collaborate using Autodesk's comprehensive, cloud-based quantity takeoff tools that ensure everyone is working from the most up-to-date models and drawings.
- Bid Management: Autodesk Construction Cloud provides a single shared environment where specialty contractors can keep track of bid invites, stay ahead of deadlines, accurately measure success of won business, issue more bids and increase bid accuracy.
- Field Collaboration: Contractors in the field can quickly connect with their office teams and access drawings, models, documents, punch lists, photos, tasks and more – all from one location.
- Document Management: Office and field teams can organize, distribute and share files on one connected document management platform ensure all team members have access to the information they need, when they need it.
- Project Management: By connecting stakeholders in a common data environment between design, plan, build and operate, contractors can keep their projects on track, improve communication and uphold their contractual obligations.
- Project Closeout: Automatic project activity collection helps subcontractors easily compile accurate living as-builts and quickly deliver complete project close outs.
To learn more about how Autodesk Construction Cloud empowers specialty contractors to increase win rates, work more productively and save cost on materials, visit our Specialty Contractor-focused resources page.
Autodesk makes software for people who make things. If you've ever driven a high-performance car, admired a towering skyscraper, used a smartphone, or watched a great film, chances are you've experienced what millions of Autodesk customers are doing with our software. Autodesk gives you the power to make anything. For more information visit autodesk.com or follow @autodesk.
Safe Harbor Statement:
We may make statements regarding planned or future development efforts for our existing or new products and services. These statements are not intended to be a promise or guarantee of future delivery of products, services or features but merely reflect our current plans, which may change. Purchasing decisions should not be made based upon reliance on these statements. The Company assumes no obligation to update these forward-looking statements to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist or change after the date on which they were made.
Autodesk, the Autodesk logo, Autodesk Construction Cloud, BIM 360,
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/specialty-contractors-turn-to-autodesk-construction-cloud-in-record-numbers-to-streamline-workflows-ensure-quality-and-win-more-work-301194107.html
Paul Chalker, Autodesk, Paul.Chalker@autodesk.com